The Ukuqonda Team
Our team is led by Dr. Piet Human, formerly professor of Mathematics Education and founder and director of the Research Unit for Mathematics Education at the University of Stellenbosch (RUMEUS).
- Manare Setati, Nontobeko Mabude (Foundation, Intermediate and Senior Phase mathematics)
- Andrew Hofmeyr, Enoch Masemola (FET and early tertiary mathematics)
- Nic Pieterse (Engineering Science)
- Leyton Ndebele, Morne Labuschagne (Technology)
- Carina Coetzer, (English language proficiency)
- Robert Moraka (Information Technology)
- Cindy Stacey (Administration)
We also regularly draw on the expertise and services of consultant educators, Marlene Rousseau (English), prof Diane Grayson (Physics), Dr Faan Jordaan (Chemistry), Dr Erica Steenberg (chemistry and metallurgy), Chris Human (mathematical modeling, process engineering, data analysis), Alwyn Olivier (mathematical problem solving), Marthinus de Jager and Aarnout Brombacher (FET mathematics).
The management structure is “flat”, and any of the second-tier managers can provide executive first-tier management. The organisational independence of the different operations provides for continuity in the event of possible discontinuities in first-tier management (such as is experienced at present with the CEO working full-time in the DoE FFL programme until the end of December).
- Chief executive officer: Piet Human
- Dean of students, University and Technical Preparedness Programme: Enoch Masemola
- Dean of campus, University and Technical Preparedness Programme: Nic Pieterse
- General manager: Andrew Hofmeyr
- Manager of special operations: Manare Setati
The Ukuqonda Institute is governed by a Board of Trustees, appointed in terms of the relevant legislation pertaining to Section 21 companies, and the Articles of Association by which the Ukuqonda Institute was founded.
- Dr. Ndumiso Cingo, CSIR
- Dr. Erna Lampen, University of Stellenbosch
- Dr. Satsope Maoto, University of Limpopo
- Dr.Mosibudi Mangena
- Dr. Marietjie Vosloo
- Mrs. Lebogang Masigo, Rand Water